Thursday 22 March 2012

Life goes on

I'm pleased to say that I'm over the drama of my last post! My appointment at the Severe and Brittle Asthma Unit in Birmingham is next week, I'm hopeful that something good will come out of it. 


I've left my admin job - yay!! I'm now using up my remaining annual leave, then after Easter I'm going back to work on the wards :) I've got 2 weeks working as a health care assistant to get used to the ward environment again and shift work - it's going to be a shock to the system working shifts again! Then I start my return to practice course, and 6 months later I can re-apply for my registration. Once that is processed, I'll be a 'real' nurse again!! I don't think it's sunk in yet that this is all happening, after 4 1/2 years of constant battling, I've finally got what I wanted. Part of me is concerned that I'm not going to be able to do it, if I fail this time then that will be it, I'll be stopped from working altogether. But, I can't think like that, I've got to at least try - and I'm really looking forward to it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment