I have decided that I need to get in control of these stupid lungs of mine.
After much consideration, I've decided to whack my steroids up to 60mg for a few days, and gradually wean down.
I'm really not happy about this at all. I don't like taking them, I don't like the side effects (blurred vision and increased appetite mainly), but for a short while I think I'm going to have to put up with it :-(
I can't continue the way I am, breathlessness and wheezing stopping me from doing anything during the day, and impacting upon my sleep at night. I don't want to end up in hospital, I've been putting it off for so long now whilst trying to stay on as low a dose of Pred as possible. Also affecting this decision; I've been getting increased cardiac pain during the night, enough to concern me :-(
I used to ok until I dropped my Pred BELOW 20mg, now I struggle ON 20mg - not good!!
Anyway, time to use some common sense and regain some control. 60mg of Pred it is for a few days, then a sensible weaning down schedule. Hopefully this plan will work, otherwise... well I just don't know.....