Monday 4 April 2011

New drugs!!

Well, new drug to be truthful, but drugs sounded better!

Since my last post I've been really struggling, I've thought about calling an ambulance more than once but decided against it, which has turned out to be an okay decision as my asthma has become more manageable after every attack.

Today I saw my consultant, I've been wondering what the next move would be for a while now. It turns out that the CT scan I had done shows that there is some thickening and inflammation, but not enough to be diagnosed with bronchiectasis :) At least, I think that was what he said, for some bizzare reason I find it hard to concentrate on what my consultant tells me, I wait for a copy of the letter sent to my GP to make sure I've understood what was said!! He has suggested I start an antibiotic called Azithromycin, 3 times a week. If anyone has been on it I'd love to hear what you thought of it. He is going to write to my GP and get him to prescribe it, so I have to wait for that letter before starting.

I felt really ill and wheezy this morning, and in a way I was glad that I'd be able to go to see my consultant and be able to 'show' how I was feeling. Typically, by the time of my appointment I was feeling relatively okay! Peak flow and spirometry were a bit pathetic, but everything else was fine. I feel like such a fraud when I go in and say "I feel so ill, blah blah, can't breathe at night, blah blah" but I look fine!!! I hope that made sense, I don't like or want to be ill, but I wouldn't feel like such a fraud if my clinical presentation wasn't totally contradicting what I was saying!!!! That is the reason I took so long to be diagnosed too, my lungs have a magical ability to behave whenever I go to respiratory related appointment, but play up before and after!

My new favourite film is Phantom of the Opera. I'll know the words soon I've been watching it so much lately. One day I'd love to go to the theatre to watch it, this is officially now on my 'to do' list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment