Thursday 7 July 2011

Do something amazing!


This week is national transplant week! I wanted to make a post asking people to keep my friend in their thoughts, then I thought it would be a great opportunity to talk about organ donation!

My lovely friend, Kirstie Tancock, is very poorly in Harefield Hospital. You can read her blog here. She has cystic fibrosis, and is in desperate need of a lung transplant. Please could people keep her in their thoughts and/or prayers. She is so poorly that this is her last chance to get some new lungs before she gets too ill for transplant. Thank you x

I've been registered as an organ donor for as long as I can remember. I know my lungs won't be much good, and I suppose my heart isn't in the best condition, but other parts of my body could possibly help someone! I completely respect that people have their own thoughts and feelings, but I don't understand why more people aren't registered as organ donors. Would you take an organ transplant if you were in need of one? Well, why aren't you willing to do the same for someone else?!
If there is anyone who read this, who isn't a registered organ donor, please give it some thought. This website is a great place to find out more, and you can register here too.

Finally, please watch this video by Tor. Tor has Cystic Fibrosis and has been on the waiting list for new lungs for 4 years now.
http://www.transplantweek.co.uk/tor-tremlett.html

Three people die each day because there are not enough organ donors

50% of people waiting for a transplant die whilst on the waiting list

1 person can save 9 lives

No comments:

Post a Comment