Sunday 23 October 2011

Time flies!!

Wow, I am a bad blogger! So much time has gone by since my last post, and life has been ticking along in its usual manner. 


Since my last post, I've had a further 2 chest infections and my diagnosis of "mild bronchiectasis" is now official :( I'm on a course of Doxycycline for a chest infection right now, and when this course finishes I'll continue to take it as a prophylactic measure...... fingers crossed that it works as the past 2 months have been pretty miserable. I feel constantly ill, my peak flows are all over the place, my oxygen saturations are crap. Sometimes I feel breathless and wheezy at rest, and other times I'm okay as long as I don't too much. I've been off work sick more than I've actually been at work over the past few months, I spent the last week in and out of hospital. I was so desperate to avoid staying in hospital on Friday that I resorted to using a stupid amount of Symbicort (until I was shaking badly and felt very sick) and nudging up the marker on the peak flow meter so I could prove how much I had improved to be discharged. I know I know, I am an idiot but if I'd had any concerns that I was going to deteriorate or actually needed to stay in hospital, I would have stayed put and behaved myself. I've got my reasons for desperately trying to keep myself out of hospital for the next few weeks, which I'll talk about at a later point. Just for the record, if I do need to be in hospital, then of course I will get myself help and allow myself to be admitted!


Right, now I have got that little whiny rant out of my system!! :) 


Over the past 4 years I've lost weight, gained weight, lost weight, gained weight...... it's got to the point where I am disgusted with myself and my eating habits so I've decided to do something about it (in a healthy way as my previous weight losses were all achieved unhealthily). For ages I blamed it on the steroids, and whilst they probably have played in a part in my weight gain, I know that the main problem has been my laziness when it comes to food - I'd rather eat chocolate, crisps and cakes rather than cook a meal, and that even includes putting a ready meal into the microwave!! Pure laziness!!!!!! I've just done a week on WeightWatchers, and I lost 5lb :) :) I know the initial weight loss is water loss too so I'm not expecting that every week, but I am pretty happy with that! It's nice to feel proud about something :) Before I got this spell of chest infections, I got into playing Zumba on my Wii, it's so much fun!! Hopefully, my lungs will calm down soon so I can incorporate a little exercise into my WeightWatchers plan and maybe help the lb shedding along a little :)

No comments:

Post a Comment