Tuesday 23 February 2010

Happy days

I've been in a slightly better mood today :) I get so frustrated over my stupid lungs that I find it's easy to get really down.

I work with a lovely team of people, and on the whole, the work is good too. I miss my old job, I'm not allowed to work on the wards right now, infact, I'm lucky that I'm allowed to work at all. I was made to stay off work for 21 months, it looked like I wouldn't be allowed back but I won that battle, for the time being at least (that fun debate isn't over yet :( )

I've put on too much weight recently. Partly from being so inactive and partly due to the evil steroids. Well I say that, I'm not entirely sure how much of it is down to steroids and how much of it is down to me using the steroids as an excuse to eat too much!! I've entered into a little competition at work with a friend; see who can lose the most weight by the time she goes on holiday in May. It's the first time I've done anything like this - made weight loss a competitive or public thing, but hopefully it will give me some much needed motivation! (Haha she writes whilst eating mini eggs!! Luckily the competition hasn't started yet, the first weigh day is Friday lol). The 'loser' has to buy the other cocktails, I <3 cocktails!!! Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment