Saturday 25 September 2010

I want my arm back!!

I still have a plaster cast on my left arm and it's driving me mad! I have a review at the fracture clinic on Monday, I'm hoping it'll come off... I sat in my car to assess whether I could drive, I decided against it and playing around with the gear stick caused some pain. Over the past few days I've noticed pain occuring when it didn't earlier on in the week. I'm hoping that it's because the swelling has gone down rather than I'm going to need the cast on for longer.

I finally had my second dose of Omalizumab last week! So now I'm trying to decrease my steroids, yet again. I feel that I'm continually trying to reduce Pred. My aim isn't to come off them for once though, I'll go down to 10mg and see what happens, then maybe down to 5mg and stay there until I next see my consultant in a month (as per his recommendation). I start to notice not being on them once I drop below 20mg so that maybe too ambitious but we'll see what happens.

My life has been really boring with this cast on, more so than normal. Due to not being able to drive I haven't been able to get out and meet up with friends. Granted, they could have come to my flat or I could have met them during the day at the weekends (buses and trains don't get me home on weekday evenings) but clearly they had better things to do than go out of their way to meet up. Yeah, I'm feeling pretty bitter right now over the lack of good, supportive, reliable friends I have!

I had an assessment to assess whether I can return to being a nurse a few days ago. It wasn't much fun, and I'm waiting to hear when the second part of the assessment will be. Almost 3 years this has dragged on for, and I seriously cannot wait for it to be over and a decision is finally made! I had hoped it would be resolved this year, but I've said that every year, and now I've reluctantly come to accept that it's likely to be resolved next year, but I'm slowly getting there.

Another reason I can't wait for this cast to be off is so I can make a start on my Christmas cards! I went to a craft show yesterday and bought a few bits. I thought the show wasn't as good as previous years and I didn't spend anywhere near as much as I thought I would, so I have a small shopping list of things I need to get, then I can make some cards! :-) I LOVE christmas, the shops are already selling christmas chocolates and decorations. It's pretty early, but oh, I just realised - it's only 3 months away!

No comments:

Post a Comment