Wednesday 3 March 2010

Rant alert!

I AM SO FED UP!!

I hate my stupid lungs and heart :( My asthma is slowly but surely getting more out of control, warning signs are showing and I have no idea what to do about it. I can be sitting down feeling 'ok' and something as simple as a cough/sneeze/laugh triggers a full blown asthma attack. I'm getting increasing amounts of cardiac related chest pain - these are both some of my warning signs of an impending severe attack. But I genuinely don't know what I can do about it. My GP is completely useless, I don't see him regarding my asthma unless I feel that I need antibiotics. Last time I saw my respiratory nurse (2 weeks ago) she said there was nothing she could do for me and to wait until I saw my consultant on 15 March to discuss options, AND she hasn't sent me a follow up appointment with her. I'm not taking high dose steroids as I've started to suffer from blurry vision when on them, so I'm stuck on 20mg. Not enough to ruin my vision, but also not enough to be beneficial to my lungs.

I'm seriously not happy with the care I am receiving at the moment. I'm being left to do my own thing, to try to keep myself going, then everyone is full of questions when I end up in hospital, yet again. I feel like a complete waste of space and time. It's like; I end up in hospital, they 'treat' me, discharge me before my peak flows come back up, follow me up as an outpatient and tell me there is nothing they can do, then I try to carry on with my life feeling completely rubbish until I get admitted again and restart the cycle.

I'm so frustrated I could cry! Grrrr I'll go and find some chocolate to cheer myself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment