Friday 14 June 2013

Dreams of a normal life

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to live as a normal person. I feel very overwhelmed by life right now. It feels as though nothing is going right, nothing is simple, drama seems to be at every turn. I keep reminding myself that things are working out and I've been in much worse situations, but no matter now hard I try, I can't shake off this feeling that everything is wrong.

Right now I'm waiting for a bed at Heartlands. I had arranged to go in on Wednesday (depending on a bed being available) but I managed to crash my car (everyone involved was absolutely fine) and it was written off. I had to wait until Wednesday evening to pick up my new car, so I couldn't get up to Birmingham that day. Then Thursday and Friday there haven't been any beds available. Now I need to wait until Monday for a phone call to see if I can be admitted. I know from my experiences both as a nurse and a patient, Monday is usually a good day for discharges so I'm hopeful......

No comments:

Post a Comment