Sunday 30 June 2013

Days Thirteen and Fourteen

I still don't have very much to write! It's the weekend, hospitals are even more boring at weekends than they are during the week.

The trial has continued. I made a peak flow chart in Excel which has confirmed my thoughts, there hasn't been much of an improvement in my peak flows. I'll post the chart when it's complete, it's interesting to see the (lack of) results. Today is day twelve of the trial which means when the syringe is empty in the morning, that is the end of the trial!!!!

I'm hoping to go home tomorrow, mainly because I stupidly agreed to attend an interview on Tuesday because it was easier to accept the interview than explain I'm in hospital in Birmingham. I was planning on talking my way to being discharged tomorrow and if Dr Mansur decides he now wants to do the bronch, I could come back as an outpatient. However, whilst bronchs are normally done as an outpatient, considering how inflamed and sensitive my airways are, I wouldn't be relying on it being an outpatient procedure. I would be anticipating to stay in hospital at least overnight, and obviously if I could go home that would be a bonus! There would be the issue of getting back home when you're not allowed to drive after the sedation though......
Anyway, I've thought about it over the weekend and it's silly of me to go home if Dr Mansur wants to do further investigations. So, I'm hoping to see him tomorrow and discuss the results of the trial and whether he wants to do any further investigations. If needs be, I'll just have to phone the matron to explain and ask to rearrange the interview...... I can't complain, I was told I would be here for 2-3 weeks and I've only been here for 2 weeks so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment